Wednesday

Treatment

Using the track ‘Hurry Now’ by ‘The Kax’, I repeatedly listened to the track in order to gain and create ideas for my music video. From this I have came to the decision that my music video has to be different and maybe a little comedic, this is because the typical indie conventions are mixed between serious and funny music videos. I am unable to look at the music video of this song, because a video has not been produced, therefore it has been difficult to create ideas and sum up what the band are like. However I have been able to view other music videos from indie bands, this has gave me inspiration. I was mainly inspired by Bombay Bicycle Club and there song Evening/Morning.

I have decided not to make a mainstream music video which is usually narrative and lyric driven; therefore the film is based on what the words mean. Instead I want to make a music video a bit more interesting and appealing. My music video will be mainly based on performance of my three actors. I will use a variation of shots in order to create a good music video, this will help me fill the duration of the music track.

The narrative of the video is going to be a bit different to typical music videos. The opening shot of my music video is going to be a tracking shot from left to right of two of my three actors, the next scene will be a long shot of the two actors walking towards the camera, and then we will see the third and main actor run through the middle of the two. The next sequence will be the three running together towards the camera.

The following sequence will be the main actor with a guitar playing and singing in the middle of a field. Then I will flick to the main actor and a close up of his face showing him singing. Next I will cut back to another reverse tracking shot of the three actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment